Sunday, September 4, 2011

First Prenatal Appointment soon!

We have a date for our first prenatal appointment! Thursday September 8 at 1:30pm. I am beyond ecstatic! Hopefully we'll get an ultrasound and figure out a real due date!

[TMI alert!]
For the past year or so, my periods have been a little irregular. I was late in December, right on time in January and February, missed my March and April (due to an enormous amount of stress), was back on track in May and June, and missed July. I took a hpt around July 18 and it was negative. I missed my August one and thought nothing of it since my periods usually worked themselves out. After my sister's pregnancy announcement on my dad's birthday and a couple days of my stomach feeling "different", I decided that I should probably take another test. So Monday evening, August 29th, I took another test. This one immediately showed a positive result!! We found out we were expecting a child on our 6 year dating anniversary. :)

I went to the First District Health Unit on September 1 to get a confirmation. I knew they'd base my due date on my last menstrual period, which was in June. That would make me due March 23rd. I know there is NO WAY I'm 10 weeks along! I think I'm about 7 weeks, making me due about April 18.

I'm kind of hoping that I'll have this baby April 22. It was my grandma's birthday :) We are planning on finding out the sex when we can too. I really really REALLY want a girl! If we have a girl on the 22nd, her middle name will be my grandma's middle, Ida. J isn't fond of that name, but it'd be a great way to honor my grandma.

So we will hopefully receive a real due date in just a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment