Friday, September 2, 2011

"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."

I know I started this blog as a way to vent my frustrations with my marriage, and I admit I did not keep up a good job with it. It was a epic fail on my part. So I have deleted those posts.

Things have settled down in our marriage, and we're at a good place right now. I'm going to spare all of the dirty details, but suffice to say, things are definitely looking up and we've had some serious adult conversations and hopefully we've worked things out so we can look forward to the next adventure in our marriage.

We're PREGNANT!!

It wasn't a planned pregnancy, but definitely not an unwanted one. We have talked about having children in the future, but we were going to wait at least another year before we would start trying.  I was going to student teach this spring, graduate college, and move to Minneapolis. I guess that old quote from Woody Allen is true. "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."  It changes all of our plans, but when Lil Peanut arrives, it'll all be worth it. I'll still walk at graduation in May and student teach in the fall. Maybe we'll move the following summer, maybe not. Our families are all here, minus J's sister, so we'll have plenty of help and babysitters for Peanut.  J was looking for new jobs even before we found out about the pregnancy, and I was a little worried about him getting a job and then having to leave it a year later. So hopefully he gets at least a couple offers at the places he's put in for so he can leave the drama fest that is his work right now, and start being happy again.

We were thisclose to splitting up, but it seems that God has other plans for our futures. He knew we needed something else to focus on and put the past behind us. He wants us together and to raise a child for Him. And we feel so blessed that God has given us this miracle. We will cherish this pregnancy and Baby when he/she arrives in April.

Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment