Thursday, November 10, 2011

Second Trimester!

So I made it to my second trimester already! 14 weeks on November 5th.


I had another OPOP appointment on Nov 3 and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat! It was at 158 bpm and sounds like everything is healthy! Yay!  I'm finally letting myself get really excited about this baby too. I mean, I was surprised and happy and everything, but I never let myself get really attached either. My mom had a miscarriage at 10 weeks before she got pregnant with me, so I guess in the back of my mind I thought the same thing would happen to me. But now my risk is pretty much nil and I'm very thankful for that and very happy and blessed that peanut was a sticky baby!


One thing that the nurse was a little concerned about was that I've been loosing weight rather than gaining. Since I first went to the doctor, I've lost about 5 lbs. Right now we're chalking it up to cutting down on sugar intake (I've cut WAY back on the amount of pop that I drink), but it's something to watch.


I was transferred to a different doctor to keep an eye on my blood pressure. Prehypertension and hypertension run in both sides of my family, so it's no surprise that it's a bit on the high side. My previous doctor wasn't an OB/GYN; rather, she was still in medical school and doing her rotations. She transferred me to an OB/GYN for better care. 


My first appointment with Dr. Bedell was on Wednesday Nov 9. She's amazing and so easy to talk to, and she explains exactly what she's doing and why. Got to listen to the heartbeat again today, it's at 155 which is perfectly normal. We have our anatomy and gender scan in December; I'm going to request that it be right before Christmas because we want to announce the gender on Christmas Eve/Day. I have a big plan in store for the announcement. I'm going to ask not to know the gender and rather have the dr or tech write it down on a note card and seal it in an envelope. I'll take the card to The Children's Place or Herberger's, pick out two outfits of each gender (2boy and 2girl), have the cashier look at the card and ring up the correct outfits and place them in gift box without me knowing. On Christmas, I'll give the gifts for to our parents and we'll all find out the gender at the same time! 


I really want a girl. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment