Saturday, February 25, 2012

30 weeks!

I'm 30 weeks today! So crazy! Jon and I were talking last night and it finally dawned on him that Brinley could be here in 2 months!! I still have a lot to do to get ready for her arrival. My parents need to bring down the dresser (it was mine all through my childhood), put together the stroller and carseat, she needs more clothes, decorate, and choose a pediatrician! Never thought that would be so hard. I keep getting different recommendations from everyone, and my OB didn't even give me a suggestion when I asked her a couple weeks ago. I'll ask again closer to my due date.

I'm going to get wooden letters to spell Brinley's name at Hobby Lobby, paint them, and hang them somewhere in the nursery, probably above the changing table. I'm sure it'll be tough to choose the right shades of purple and pink (or teal) The bedding is purple and teal, but the picture that I'm hanging above her crib is a purple and pink gerbera daisy. Haven't decided what color to use yet on the letters.

I registered for our childbirth and breastfeeding classes yesterday. The childbirth class is only one day, from 9-4. We're doing that April 7, and breastfeeding basics is on April 18 from 7-8:30.

Oh, I talked to my best friend today for a little bit. Her parents bought a house in Arizona to winter at and she's there visiting right now. Anyway, she told me that I need to come down in June and hang out with her because I'll need a break from the baby and that Jon can watch her! REALLY?! I'm not leaving a newborn at home so I can "take a break." Honestly, her suggestion doesn't even surprise me because that's just how she is. She's never wanted kids and doesn't realize how much they need their mommy. It just made me LOL.


Here's our work in progress nursery! I know the crib and changing table don't match, but I got the changing table for $30 from a friend that was moving. Especially since we'll probably only use it for about a year, I'm not worried about it not matching.
























30 weeks  from www.babycenter.com
Your baby is now about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 lbs (like a head of cabbage.) A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision-which means that she'll only be able to make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

30 weeks from www.babygaga.com

Whoo hoo! You can now finally see the finish line now that you're in the final quarter of the race!

Whether you felt like your pregnancy's been flying by or slower than a snail scaling Everest, you've arrived in your thirtieth week and your baby's cooking beautifully!

In animal news: the fine lanugo hair that covers their little monkey-like body will start falling off this week in preparation for the big day.  Still, don't be too shocked if your baby ape is hairier than you'd anticipated. Some babies keep their lanugo after birth-which is totally normal, and it will fall off eventually.  

Checking in on the fat factory: your little porker is getting even cuter with increasingly pudgy arms and legs, thanks to their ever-growing layers of subcutaneous brown fat.

In terms of numbers, your big ol' baby should be weighing in at around 3 pounds 12 ounces (or more!) and be nearly 16 inches long!

Keep up the good work you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment