Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 28-Third Trimester!

Lots of things have been happening since I last updated! Brinley has been moving around A LOT and she's getting stronger, so I'm feeling her kicks and punches more. On January 13, she flipped over and I that was the first time I actually SAW my belly move! Such a wonderful feeling :) I also bought her her first storybook-"Where The Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein. It was one of mine and Jon's favorite books when we were kids and knew that Brinley needed it. We'll be getting the whole series at some point. She also thinks that my bladder is a trampoline made just for her amusement :) It may be fun for her, but certainly not for me.

January 26 was my last day in triple digits for my pregnancy! 100 days left was such a shock to me. It seems like just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant, and now I only have a few shorts months left! To celebrate, Brinley decided that she was going to mess with Daddy's head. She was kicking and squirming around as I was getting ready for bed. Jon hadn't felt her move yet, so we were hoping that she would finally cooperate with us. He put his hand on my belly and instantly she stopped moving. We sat in bed and talked for a good 20 minutes while we waited for her to move again. She didn't. Jon took his hand away, and within 30 seconds she kicked me REALLY HARD! She didn't like someone else trying to feel her move. I am proud to say that she has let Daddy feel her several times since that night, though. She will be a daddy's girl once she gets here, and Daddy will be wrapped around her finger right from the start. She's going to be one spoiled little princess :D

Me on January 26 at 25 weeks and 5 days pregnant. 100 days until my due date!










Brinley is the most active at night, so she's going to be a night owl just like her momma. :) Fine by me, I'd rather be up late(ish) and sleep in in the morning with a little one any way! I also ordered her bedding from Amazon a couple weeks ago. I first saw it on the Babies R Us website, but for the last month or so it's been out of stock online, and it's not even available for store pickup. I think it's being clearanced out. I found it on Amazon for the same price so it's all good. Plum Dandy crib set.

My most recent OB appointment was on Feb 8, at 27w4d. I did the one hour glucose test and received the rhogam shot since I'm O-. Baby was measuring perfect at 28 weeks and had a great heartbeat at 150bmp. My bp is doing very well, considering that I was boderline pre-hypertensive. It was perfect at 120/60. The doctor said that if my glucose result came back abnormal, she would call me. It's been a week and I haven't heard from her, so I'm going to assume that I passed! YAY!  Since I'm now in the third trimester, I'm starting my bi-monthly OB appointments. Next one is Feb 22.

Week 28 2.11.12 Third trimester! I can definitely see a difference between the 2.5 weeks. My belly has rounded out on top and is sticking out a little further. I'm excited to see how I progress over the next 12-ish weeks.



Week 28  www.babycenter.com
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in from your womb. She's also developed billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life outside the womb.







Week 28: Only 12 weeks to go!  from www.babygaga.com   
I've become a human lard factory! It's true: I have a baby that's in the business of fat-collection, which I'll have to tolerate since it's critical to keep my little porker warm and healthy after she's born. Also, her eyes can now blink in response to light and dark, and her bone marrow is busy making red blood cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment